Did you know what kind of cancer is lymphoma? It refers to a group of cancers that affect cells that play the role of the immune system and it represents cells involved in the lymphatic system of the body.
Lymphoma is cancer that happened in the lymphatic system which may begin with infection due to fighting cells of immune system.
The spreading of this disease can be faster because it travels through lymphatic system around the body. This is harder to understand what kind of cancer is lymphoma than the other type of disease.
However, this article will discuss symptoms and the cause of this disease.
The Symptoms Associated with What Kind of Cancer Is Lymphoma
There are two main types of lymphoma that you should know to understand more about this disease. They are Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin. Both of types of lymphoma grows at a different rate and give different responses to the treatment.
The symptoms of this disease can be same with other diseases signs. It may include:
- Swollen glands (lymph nodes), it is often found in the neck, armpit or groin.
- Cough. Not all coughing case refers to lymphoma. It is very common to have happened to anyone.
- Shortness of breath
- Fever. This is also like the other diseases signs. You should visit the doctor to get the clear diagnosis.
- Night Sweats. This is abnormal especially if it happens when the temperature around is normal or tends to be cold.
- Stomach pain. This symptom also appears in colon uterine cancer. It must be dangerous especially if it happens regularly.
- Weight loss
The last three points above is normal when it happens for a reason like hard working cause fatigue, exercise result weight loss, and allergic cause itching. It is abnormal if happens without any reason.
The Causal Factor Associated With What Kind of Cancer Is Lymphoma
Actually, the basic causal factor that associated with What Kind Of Cancer Is Lymphoma is still unknown. The most likely causal factor that leads to lymphoma includes the following points:
- Being male
- Age 60 and up
- Weak immune system caused by HIV/AIDS, organ transplant, or born with this type of immune disease
- Have immune system diseases such as rheumatoid, arthritis, lupus, or celiac disease
- Infected with virus such as Epstein Barr, hepatitis C, human T-cell leukemia/lymphoma, or human herpes virus 8
- Family history of lymphoma
- Were exposed to benzene or chemicals that used to kill bugs and weeds
- Have had Hodgkin or non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the past
- Were treated for cancer with radiation therapy
- Overweight or obesity
If you have some of the factors above, it means you have a higher risk to get this typical cancer. That is why you should be aware and not to ignore the possibility to suffer lymphoma.
Moreover, this disease is well treated especially if it is found earlier. In short, the symptoms and the cause that associated with What Kind Of Cancer Is Lymphoma may help to increase awareness of this disease.