Worldwide Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL) Market Spotlight
This Market Spotlight report covers the Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL) market, comprising key pipeline and marketed drugs, scientific trials, upcoming events, patent knowledge, a 10-year sickness incidence forecast, and licensing and acquisition provides, along with presenting drug-specific revenue forecasts.
- The author estimates that in 2016, there have been roughly 13,600 incident circumstances of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) worldwide, and forecasts that amount to increase to 16,100 incident circumstances by 2025.
- It is estimated that the majority of recognized circumstances have been in males in 2016. Approved drugs inside the CTCL space aim cluster of differentiation 30, histone deacetylase, retinoid receptors, DNA synthesis, interleukin-2, and protein synthesis. These drugs are administered by the intravenous, topical, and oral routes.
- Half of all industry-sponsored drugs in full of life scientific progress for CTCL are in Half II, with solely two drugs in Half III. Therapies in mid-to-late-stage progress for CTCL think about all types of targets, with the majority administered by the intravenous route.
- Extreme-impact upcoming events embrace topline Half II and Half III trial outcomes for resminostat and SGX301, along with the highest of Half II meeting with the FDA for remetinostat.
- There have been 14 licensing and asset acquisition actions involving CTCL drugs all through 2012-17. The distinctive acquisition settlement signed in 2016 between Medivir AB and Tetralogic Pharmaceuticals for $238m for the acquisition of two scientific stage oncology packages was crucial deal all through the interval.
- Istodax’s US mom or father patents (polymorph, course of, and composition) are set to expire in August 2021, which may open the door to generic entries.
- The distribution of scientific trials all through Half I-IV signifies that the majority of trials for CTCL have been inside the early and midphases of progress, with 86% of trials in Half I-II, and solely 14% in Half III-IV.
- The US has a substantial lead inside the number of CTCL scientific trials globally. Germany leads crucial EU markets, whereas Japan has the very best spot in Asia.
- Medical trial train inside the CTCL space is dominated by completed trials. Merck & Co, Ligand, and Takeda have the most effective number of completed scientific trials for CTCL, with 5 completed trials each. Within the meantime, Celgene has six ongoing trials.
- Celgene leads sponsors with the most effective number of scientific trials for CTCL, adopted by Merck & Co and Seattle Genetics.