Bladder Cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases that attack most of the elderly in many countries. The survival rate for bladder cancer shows that there is a significant increase in bladder cancer patient. This survival rate shows the numbers of patients with a similar stage of bladder cancer who can survive for a few years.
Though your doctors do not know how long you will survive, still your doctors will give their efforts to heal you.
5-Years Survival Rate for Bladder Cancer
Most of the survival rates for cancer are measured by 5-year survival rate. Somehow, these patients with bladder cancers can still survive up to over 5 years. The number of 5 years is taken from the percentage of patients who survive for 5 years after they are diagnosed with cancer. For instances, a five-year survival rate of 80 percent shows that there are about 80 out of 100 patients with bladder cancer who still survive for 5 years or more.
Survival Rate Is Just a Prediction
When it says 5 years of survival rate, it does not mean that it will always be 5 years. This rate or statistic may change over time because the statistic may be only taken from the previous data. Somehow, it may be different in the future. In determining the survival rate of bladder cancer, doctors need to see the previous patients who were diagnosed and treated 5 years ago. Using this data, doctors will try to find the best way to increase the survival rates up to more than 7 years and even 10 years.
The Statistic of Survival Rates for Bladder Cancer
This data may change over time and it is only valid today. Maybe, in the future, it will come with different statistic result. According to today’s statistic for bladder cancer, the survival rate for bladder cancer can be seen below:
- There are about 77% who can survive from bladder cancer for 5 years after the diagnosis.
- There are about 70% of patients who can still survive up to 10 years.
- There are only 65% of patients who can survive up to 15 years.
Meanwhile, you can also see survival rates by stage and it can only be measured based on the patients who suffer from bladder cancer from a certain year. Read this following data that is taken from National Cancer Institute’s SEER database:
- There are about 98% of patients with stage 0 bladder cancer who can survive up to 5 years.
- There are about 88% of patients with stage 1 bladder cancer who can survive up to 5 years.
- There are about 63% of patients with stage 2 bladder cancer who can survive up to 5 years.
- There are about 46% of patients with stage 3 bladder cancer who can survive up to 5 years.
- There are only 15% of patients with stage 4 bladder cancer who can survive up to 5 years.
Well, that’s all about survival rate for bladder cancer that you may need to know according to an accurate data. But, this data may be temporary because it may change over time in the future. Many doctors try to increase the numbers of survival rates and even try to heal this disease someday.