What Are Signs Of Colon Cancer? If you are looking for this topic, you are right to read this article. Colon cancer is cancer which growth in intestine (colon) areas. It occurs when there is an abnormal cell that start exists and grows in the colon tissue.
Some of the people don’t know about this cancer until it meets later stage of colon cancer over the time. It may start with noncancerous clumps of cells which usually called adenomatous polyps, by the time these polyps grow it can turn to be cancer. People who diagnosed with this typically cancer sometimes don’t aware this disease because they cannot determine it signs.
What Are Signs of Colon Cancer That You Should Know
Talking about What Are Signs of Colon Cancer is important to understand the disease and aware if there is a problem in your intestine. Changing habits of bowel is a common sign of colon cancer. Colon as we know as the place in where the food processing close to the end that is why the cancer cells will disturb bowel habits. Below are more details about the signs of colon cancer that you should know.
- A change in bowel habits. These habits may include such as diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool, the lasts for more than a few days. If you suffer this symptom you will need to meet with the doctor
- Bleeding in rectal or blood in the stool. Pay attention to your stool, if it is not normal like there is a blood or its size is narrow. It may show the beginning sign of colon cancer that you must aware.
- Persistent abdominal discomfort. Abdominal discomfort includes cramps, gas, or pain. Of course, abnormal cells grow in the colon will really affect your belly. You have to take care if it happens in a long time and persistent.
- A feeling that bowel doesn’t empty completely
- Weakness or fatigue. Most of the cancers will show the same sign of weakness and fatigue. It happens persistently even though you don’t do any hard work.
- Loss of weight. Weight loss happens normally when you are doing dietary programs such as set your food menu and doing consistent exercises. It becomes abnormal if there is no effort to make it happened.
Risk Factor That Associate With Signs of Colon Cancer
Why is the risk factor associated with signs of colon cancer? It is because some people who have to meet the signs above whether few or more will be likely to have colon cancer if they have risk factor also. The more signs and risk factors you have the higher you will suffer from colon cancer. Look at to the following risk factors that are important to know.
- Older age
- African—American race
- A personal history of colorectal cancer or polyps
- Inflammatory intestinal conditions
- Inherited syndromes that increase colon cancer risk
- Family history of colon cancer
- Low—fiber, high—fat diet
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Smoking habits
- Consuming alcohol
- Radiation therapy for cancer
Some people feel unnecessary to do medical checkup if only meet with few of colon cancer signs above. That sometimes makes cancer become bigger every day it doesn’t get any kind of treatment. Hopefully, you are not including with this typically people. Yet don’t waste your time if you meet the criteria above. The treatment will better in early stage than in later. In short, knowing What Are Signs of Colon Cancer help you to aware more about colon cancer.