Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms should be get more attention. As we know that prostate cancer is only faced by men. Stage 4 or advanced prostate cancer is the condition in where the cancer cells have spread to the other organs of the body. The spreading is likely to the adrenal gland, bones, liver, and lungs. This stage is not curable because the treatments only can help the better condition.
Actually this typically cancer is treatable if found in early stage and this is slow-growing also. That is why stage 4 prostate cancer is the uncommon disease because the most cases are found in early stage. To understand more about this disease let’s see what Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms?
Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms That You Should Know
Although metastatic prostate cancer is still rare, knowing the symptoms of prostate cancer is always important to determine the treatments. Metastatic cancer is a complicated disease that may affect some symptoms in the body. Most men notice blood when urinate or trouble to urinate. Here are the symptoms that may occur at the advanced stage:
- Painful urination
- Decreased force in the stream of urine
- Blood in the semen
- Swelling in the legs
- Frequent infection
- Weight loss
The other symptoms are determined by where it has spread and the size of the tumor includes:
- Cancer which has spread to the bones will affect bone pain and fractures
- Cancer which has spread to the liver may cause jaundice. It refers to condition where the skin and eyes turns to be yellow
- Tumors in the lungs can affect shortness of breath and chest pain
- If it is in the brain, it can cause headaches, dizziness, and seizures
The Treatment options Associated with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms
As have been told above that symptoms will lead to the treatments will be received by the patients. From the Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms that conveyed by those patients, the doctor will do some tests to determine what the treatment options that suitable for the stage. Have a look at the several treatment options for advanced prostate cancer below:
- Hormone therapy. This therapy may include orchiectomy that is a surgical procedure to remove the testicles as the place to produce hormones, and luteinizing hormone that is drugs that lower testosterone production in testicles.
- This therapy will help to ease the symptoms when prostate cancer has spread to the bone. Several side effects of this therapy are fatigue, sexual dysfunction, urinary difficulties, and bowel problems.
- This therapy will kill cancer cells that are spread throughout the body. Some side effects of chemotherapy are likely to feel nausea, appetite loss, and weight loss.
- This therapy is done by Provenge vaccine if cancer is not responding to hormone therapy. Side effects include nausea, headache, back pain, and joint pain.
- This treatment is not recommended by a doctor at this stage. It is only working to remove a tumor.
From the Stage 4 Prostate Cancer Symptoms above now you can determine if you found two or more symptoms in your body. Moreover, when you feel little changing in your urinary habits it is better to discuss with your doctor. It will help to determine the symptoms either cancer or the other disease.