Appetite Stimulant for Cancer Patients is needed because during chemotherapy, drugs used to kill cancer cells as well as break down the cells of the digestive organs, so that the function of digestion and absorption of food becomes disrupted. Likewise with chemotherapy that causes anemia and fatigue will make cancer patients more reluctant to enjoy eating food.
Before I suggest you more about the food stimulant for cancer patients, let me give me a brief explanation. Basically giving food to cancer patients is no different from others (healthy people), which is the balance between carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Presentation of foods should be an appetite because most cancer patients have decreased appetite. Well, on this occasion I will write about Appetite Stimulant for Cancer Patients. Please, pay attention…
Recommended Appetite Stimulant for Cancer Patients
Appetite enhancer for cancer patients you can choose based on the variety of food. This is an easy effort to get all the nutrients needed by the body to recover quickly. However, before determining, you need to know what is welcome or what is not recommended to be eaten by cancer patients. Most importantly healthy foods high in protein and complex carbohydrates are two key intakes in the diet for cancer patients. Do not forget, cancer patients need to avoid fruit or vegetables that contain pesticides, junk food, fatty foods, and fast food.
Choosing Appetite Stimulant for Cancer Patients to Increase Appetite
Once you understand healthy foods that fit the criteria worth of consumption for cancer patients, you need to know the advice and tricks of appetite enhancer or foods that are well consumed for cancer patients, as I write below.
- Choose foods high in protein and calories: wheat, soybeans, fish, lamb, and so on. Then choose foods that are easy to eat when not hungry, such as eggs, yoghurt, cheese, peanut cream, sandwiches, fish, chicken, roast, and soup.
- Please add various ingredients to add calories, such as butter, honey, sour cream, jelly, yoghurt, cheese, and evaporated milk.
- For the amount of fluid you drink, I recommend being limited during feeding so that the stomach is not full of fluids. So also by limiting drinking carbonated drinks because it can make you feel full as well.
- Alternatives replace non-nutritious drinks, such as soda, with nutritious drinks, such as soup cream, shakes, and fruit smoothies. You can also replace drinks with fruit juice as a companion when eating.
- Trying the nutritional supplements available at the pharmacy is actually not wrong. The origin of the amount consumed is not excessive.
- Avoid eating alone. Please invite the nearest person (family, spouse, or friend) to eat together to make it more fun.
The main purpose of providing nutrition for cancer patients is to improve the deficiency or lack of nutrients needed, to keep the weight maintained or controlled and the treatment still running smoothly. Hopefully, information about Appetite Stimulant for Cancer Patients will provide a solution for your relatives who are suffering from cancer to improve the quality of life of cancer patients for a faster recovery time. Hopefully helpful, and thank you.